I collect vintage patterns and have used some of them. I love how they expand my sewing knowledge and their techniques create such a nice look and finish. I found this one from 1952 (as well as another pajama pattern) in a batch of sewing patterns I bought.
And lucky me, it is in Eleanor's size, who just happens to need pajamas, plus I got a bunch of flannel for $2.99 a yard. I didn't realize it at first, but they are drop seat pajamas, so I found that to be rather amusing. I choose to do design #1 since it gets pretty cold here in Northern Idaho (and footie jammies are so cute!). For the first pair I used a fun key patterned flannel.
They came too together rather easily and somewhat quickly. I finished them within two days of not solid sewing. I love how they have a back facing to conceal all the neck and shoulder seams. I'm sure that will be a lot more comfortable for Eleanor.
It's a little big, but that just means I get to wait longer before she grows out of them. I got to use my snap pliers for the first time. I wanted it to be easier for her to get out for potty going, since I don't think she'll be using the drop seat (which I still find hilarious).
Laurel decided to get in on the action.
Here they decided I needed more action. Such silly girls!