Sunday, November 18, 2012

Laurel's Birthday Party

Today we celebrated Laurel's birthday.  I was too busy (playing, eating chatting) to take any pictures.  Michael might have of opening presents, but I thought I'd share what we did anyways since we got complements on the idea from my mother in law.  

We had a pancake bar brunch.  We had two skillets hot and ready waiting for our guests to choose what they wanted in their pancakes for my husband to make.  We had chocolate chips, blueberries, and strawberries.  We also had bananas and apples, but no one wanted to try them in their pancakes. There was also scrambled eggs, prosage patties and stripples (vegetarian sausage and bacon).  And since no birthday party is complete without cake, I made cinnamon roll cupcakes.  I got the idea from Pinterest and thought it was perfect for a brunch.

Source

I was going to make them from scratch like the website, but I decided to go the lazy route and used pre-made cinnamon roll dough and cream cheese frosting.  Just open the can, pop them in cupcake liners and bake.  They turned out super and I love the way they made the house smell.

It was super easy and turned out really nice.