Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Ottobre Designs: Magic Tales Hooded Jacket

This week I made Eleanor a fleece sweater.  I used another pattern from Ottobre Designs from their 4/2012 issue.  It was really fast and easy.  I could of had it done in an afternoon if my husband didn't suddenly need me to go to town for him (half hour to the nearest grocery store).


I got the fleece from fabric.com.  I was expecting the caterpillars to be much smaller, but I still like it.

Source
The only problem I had was with topstitching.  They said to topstitch with the edge of the pressure foot as a guide, but that was the same size as my seam allowance, so it didn't tack down the seam allowance very nicely.  Next time I make it I will adjust what I do to make it look nicer inside.

All that matters is that Eleanor loves it, especially the hood.  She was wearing it while we read the book Do You Have a Hat? and nearly each time it asked that she said, "Yes, it's on my head."

6 comments:

  1. Hi, so adorable, the hoodie and your little girl! I love the fabric print! I am a new follower, thank you for sharing, come visit Maddalee, I think you'll like it :-)

    Have a good day, Nancy

    maddalee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and welcome! Your blog is super cute, I just had to start following!

      Delete
  2. Adorable! I love the fabric! I would LOVE for you to link this up at my Ginger Jamboree Link Party!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking so cute in that hoodie! kids are also looking so cute in
    hooded fleece jacket and winter outerwear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really a cute post! this winter keep out coziness with
    hooded fleece jackets and warm winter wear!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read every one (including those ridiculous spam ones) and love hearing what you think!