Monday, December 10, 2012

Baby Bibs a Plenty.

Last month, I was approached by one of my husband's coworkers to make some bibs for her to send to a relative in Australia, who was having a baby boy.  I finally finished them last week and got around to blogging about them.  I found this amazing tutorial and used that as my base.  I made one to see if my client liked it, which she did, but she also wanted it embellished.  With my sewing machine under the weather, I couldn't embroider anything, so I went to pinterest (as always) to get some inspiration.  There were two that I really liked (here and here).

On the monster one, I put the teeth on the bottom edge of the back so when it is folded up into a crumb catcher, the monster would have a cute little mouth.  The tie one I ended up having to create my own template, but that wasn't very hard.  On the other four I used various sizes of vintage ric rac that my sister gave me.  I had a really hard time finding boyish fat quarters where I looked in town, but I'm happy with how they turned out anyways.

12 comments:

  1. Well as an Australian, I can say it's impossible to get cute boy stuff other than hand made so I'm sure this is going to be a great gift from your husbands co worker. By the way I'm your newest follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey super cute bibs. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! The monster one is my favourite, but they're all great :) so glad to have found you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, new follower here and I’d like to invite you to join me at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/12/Clever-Chicks-Blog-Hop-12.html



    I hope you can make it!

    Cheers,

    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, welcome! I'll be sure to check it out, thanks!

      Delete
  5. These are absolutely adorable!! I can't decide if I like the monster or tie better. I have to pin this to remember for later. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I wish I had thought to do this when my nephews were babies.

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read every one (including those ridiculous spam ones) and love hearing what you think!