Last month, I was approached by one of my husband's coworkers to make some bibs for her to send to a relative in Australia, who was having a baby boy. I finally finished them last week and got around to blogging about them. I found this amazing tutorial and used that as my base. I made one to see if my client liked it, which she did, but she also wanted it embellished. With my sewing machine under the weather, I couldn't embroider anything, so I went to pinterest (as always) to get some inspiration. There were two that I really liked (here and here).
On the monster one, I put the teeth on the bottom edge of the back so when it is folded up into a crumb catcher, the monster would have a cute little mouth. The tie one I ended up having to create my own template, but that wasn't very hard. On the other four I used various sizes of vintage ric rac that my sister gave me. I had a really hard time finding boyish fat quarters where I looked in town, but I'm happy with how they turned out anyways.