Monday, March 31, 2014

Project Run and Play "Spring Break Challenge"

This week's challenge is to design an outfit based on a favorite vacation spot or dream vacation.  My favorite place to visit is the Oregon Coast, so I used that as my inspiration.  Just like at the coast it was a bit windy when we went to do pictures so it was hard to get very good ones with a very wiggly 4 year old.


I made capris since they are perfect for dipping toes in the ocean.  I used the Ottobre Designs pattern 'Row Boat' from 3/2013 in the smallest size, because Eleanor has a tiny waist and I wanted them a bit shorter than pictured.  It might be hard to see, but there are cute little button tabs at the hems.  I just learned that Eleanor doesn't like pants to hide her belly button so they look way longer than what they should.  Silly girl.

For the top, I used Hollywood Cerise from the 3/2012 issue of Ottobre Designs cut to a tunic length.  I bought some super cute wave fabric with paper boats on it last summer that I knew would be perfect.  I didn't want the waves to over power it so I just some red for contrast.  I also did all the stitching in red so it shows some all the details when you see it in person.


I love the buttons going down the back.