For a while now, I've been wanting to replace my ironing board cover. It was looking a bit on the grungy side, so much I refuse to show a picture of it. I get the newsletters from Sew Can She and one day she featured a tutorial on making a new cover. The tutorial is from Sweet Verbena.
I ended up making it twice, thanks to a stupid mistake I made on the first one (apparently remembering what marks you made for what is important). The second time, I made sure to buy a piece of fabric that was plenty large enough so that I didn't have to piece anything together. I love how pretty it is!
I'm so glad those scorch marks and water stains are a thing of the past!