Monday, April 1, 2013

New Ironing Board Cover

For a while now, I've been wanting to replace my ironing board cover.  It was looking a bit on the grungy side, so much I refuse to show a picture of it.  I get the newsletters from Sew Can She and one day she featured a tutorial on making a new cover.  The tutorial is from Sweet Verbena.


I ended up making it twice, thanks to a stupid mistake I made on the first one (apparently remembering what marks you made for what is important).  The second time, I made sure to buy a piece of fabric that was plenty large enough so that I didn't have to piece anything together.  I love how pretty it is!

I'm so glad those scorch marks and water stains are a thing of the past!

3 comments:

  1. I saw your post on Take-A-Look Tuesday. Wish I'd seen it before I bought an ironing board cover at Walmart! It actually ran color onto my ribbon as I was ironing something that I was sewing. Yours looks way better! My post is #356. Have a great week!

    http://freshjuniper.blogspot.com

    Reecea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks! I need to make a new cover for mine and hadn't even though to look for a tutorial!
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty color and I love that you made it yourself!
    Gloria and Julia @ resourcefulgals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read every one (including those ridiculous spam ones) and love hearing what you think!