Friday, March 17, 2017

Project Run and Play: Greenery


I really enjoy sewing along with the challenges for Project Run and Play.  It helps me to maybe sewing things that I wouldn't normally or learn more about sewing in general.  This week I discovered that I don't buy green fabric.  I don't have anything against green, I just don't buy it apparently.  Given that this week's challenge focused on green, I had to think about how I was going to get it without actually having to buy more fabric (I'm trying to be good, I promise).  I was very tempted to get out the green dye from my tie dye kits and try to make a gingham like pattern, but I didn't was the mess or hassle.  Then one day I was putting something away in my closet, when I saw a dress I made when I was first learning to sew that I don't wear (the sewing on it is a bit embarrassing).  It just happened to be green.


So the outfit I made is green in a couple ways, color obviously and it has been recycled a few times.  The green fabric started out as a sheet before I turned it into a dress and the tan fabric was a slipcover I made for a couch that didn't turn out well before I used it in the dress as lining.


The pattern is Zephyr from Figgy's.  I changed the straps to be able to tie at the shoulders.  I've made it a couple time and the button loops always give me problems coming out the seam.  If I make it again, I will have to remember to find a way to improve on it.


The bows are so cute!