Monday, March 4, 2013

A Huge Work in Progress


I have a ton of scraps and we need a new blanket on our bed, so I decided I should try my hand at quilting.  I think that cathedral quilts are so beautiful and perfect for using scraps.  So for the next forever, I'm going to be working on make our own.  I'm following the tutorials from Hyena in Petticoats and The Jilted Ballerina, since they both use a lot of pictures and I'm a very visual learner.  I'm hoping to get through one window a day or so (maybe less if I don't feel like sewing, gasp).


Here is what I had a week ago.  I've done a little more since then, but too lazy to take more pictures.


It is a lot easier than it looks, just a lot of ironing, which isn't so bad with my new iron.  The old started smelling electrical, if that makes any sense.

ps: I got my new camera.  Love it!  Now I have to learn how to edit them better.

13 comments:

  1. Holy crap it's beautiful! That's it, I 'm learning to quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautiful! I can't sew, but if I could, this would be a great project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. I love the colors and I love the look. Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. My sister Al loves quilts I am going to share this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is going to turn out so beautiful! It looks very difficult. I'm so impressed because we need a new bed cover, but I'm too scared to try a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful !!! I love the Cathedral Window pane, but I'm starting with just a single pane in a pincusion..lol You are brave. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This just blows my mind! How gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found your link on Girl. Inspired. This looks awesome. I'd like to make a Cathedral Window cushion cover one day. Can't wait to see the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is going to be an amazing quilt, visiting from girl inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowzer! This quilt is going to be incredibly amazing! It will be one to cherish for forever. Looking forward to seeing it when it's completed.

    Iron on!

    Blessings & Hugs ...
    Lani
    www.SimplyFreshVintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is stunning!! i am just amazed at the talent people have to be able to create something so detailed. can't wait to see it finished:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Stick around for a few years and you may! It is super slow going.

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read every one (including those ridiculous spam ones) and love hearing what you think!