Friday, September 28, 2012

Sugar Baby Date Nights

My husband and I are very different people.  He likes Star Trek, air-soft, and four wheeling and I like Downton Abbey, sewing and reading.  I watch his nerdy shows with him (while browsing Pinterest) and he lets me spend money on fabric.  But for the longest time I've been trying to find something that we can both enjoy together that doesn't involve the television set.  Finally, we hit upon the perfect idea. I suggested we go through a pastry cookbook together, sort of like Julie and Julia and Michael mentioned that he's always wanted to learn about candy making.  Bingo!  I then go to the internet and look around till I find a candy making cookbook that looks interesting.  I remembered one I had seen a while back that had a super pretty cover.  It was Sugar Baby by Gesine Bullock-Prado.  

Source
Once a week, my husband and I are going to try a recipe together.  Starting from the beginning and hopefully do all them, from rock candy to spun sugar.  I'm going to try to document our creations and share them here.  

I'm super excited!  I just hope I don't gain too much weight doing this, but what's a few pounds in the name of love.