Monday, February 11, 2013

Project Run and Play Signature Look

 

It is the last week of Project Run and Play's current sew along, so that means time for Signature Looks!  I would probably describe my style for the girls to be practical (most of the time), feminine and whimsical.


I've been making a lot for Eleanor lately, so I decided that this one would be for Laurel.  I looked through my Ottobre Designs at all the patterns that would fit her and narrowed it down to a wrap dress (#9 from issue 6/2007), t-shirt and leggings (#1 and #2 from issue 4/2012).

It is hard to see, there are the cutest little bows at the hems.
 For the dress, I used some fabric my sister gave me way before I was married, or even thinking I would ever get the chance to date.  The leggings and t-shirt were made using some misprint shirts from Camp that Michael couldn't sell.  I used them so I wouldn't have to hem anything.  I hate hemming.  I even shortened the sleeves to avoid doing the sleeve binding.


I love her cheesy smile!

3 comments:

  1. I love that little dress. it will be perfect, even in the summer time. How fun and functional.
    Great Job Momma!
    with love
    -Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet outfit! I love the little wrap dress. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you from Sugar Bee Crafts! I'm your newest follower via GFC. I host Fluster Creative Muster Party on Wednesdays and I would love it if you would come by and party with us. Hope to see you there!

    Hugs, Smiles, and Blessings,

    Robin
    Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read every one (including those ridiculous spam ones) and love hearing what you think!