Monday, April 14, 2014

Project Run and Play "Signature Look"


For this week, I took care of two birds with one stone, Project Run and Play and Easter dresses.  My girls love wearing dresses and I love them wearing dresses.  One of my favorite dresses I made for Eleanor was the one I made for her to wear as a flower girl.  I used that pattern again.  It is Julie's Dress by Me Sew Crazy.  It doesn't seem to be sold anymore.


Thing after thing came up to keep me from getting this done, including a cold when I was trying to finish up.  Then it was raining so I couldn't get any outside pictures and this house has zero natural light.


The pattern calls for twice as much fabric for the skirt width, but apparently I can't read and was working from a half yard bundle.  I used Michael Miller's Glitz.  Laurel's is Mist and Eleanor is Glitz.  For the binding I used some glittery gold quilting cotton.



For the buttons, I used some beautiful gold and ivory floral buttons that were my grandma's.  The girls really love their new dresses.  Laurel even threw a tantrum when I tried to take it off.